How to take part
1. Decide which transect you would like to survey by consulting our map below and choosing a location.
2. Once you know where your survey will take place, download and print a transect pack. GPS files are also available for your chosen location, and a survey guide which will tell you how to conduct the survey. Additional blank recording forms are also available to download.
3. Make sure you can identify our target species of bumblebee. First, consult our ID resources below and read our training presentation. If you are confident about bumblebee ID or have taken part before, you’re ready to go. However if you are new to surveying and need some extra help then please contact us at email@example.com and we can pair you up with an existing volunteer who can show you how to conduct the survey.
4. Carry out your surveys once a month between March and October.
5. Submit your results using our iRecord portal. For full details of how to do this, see the submit results section below. If you need help using iRecord you can download our PDF guidance document.
Please note: While carrying out this survey you do so entirely at your own risk. Moors for the Future do not accept any liability or responsibility for the well-being of surveyors or damage/loss of their property. Download our Health and Safety Guidelines here.