Bleaklow North - MoorLIFE Audio Trail
Bleaklow took a hammering at the hands of the Industrial Revolution. But this is not a sob story - this is a tale of how these moorlands now provide fresh water to the millions of people who live in the shadow of this mighty peak - thanks to some pretty amazing conservation work.
Audio Trail files
- Bleaklow North Audio Trail (zipped)
- Bleaklow North Sample Track
- Bleaklow North Route Map
- Bleaklow North all tracks as single mp3 file
Starting Point: Torside reservoir Ordnance Survey grid reference - SK088929)
Distance: 13km/8 miles
Map: Explorer OL1 The Peak District - Dark Peak Area
Terrain: Uneven moorland terrain, knowledge of taking compass bearings essential - streams may be difficult to ford in wet weather.
Nearest Town: Glossop
- local places to eat and stay www.visitpeakdistrict.com
- Find out more about MoorLIFE's restoration work on Bleaklow